Most of the biggest businesses in today’s world were there long before the internet. They advertised through print and radio, TV commercials, and billboards. While those still have a place in today’s world, it is becoming much less relevant. After all, everybody is going paperless now. Some people resist change, but the fact is that you can take advantage of all these changes and one way to do that is with the help of a social media marketing agency.
Everybody knows how popular social media networks are now, and it is likely that this will only continue to grow in popularity. Consider the following social media statistics:
- 41% of social media users between the age of 20 and 29 (the biggest group of users) spend 11+ hours on social media each week.
- 37% of social media users between the age of 30 and 39 (the second biggest group of users) spend 11+ hours on social media each week.
- Young people use social media to build social status.
- Older people use social media for advertising and marketing.
- Facebook is the largest social networking site, with over a billion active users.
- Other popular social media sites include Twitter and LinkedIn.
There is no other marketing tool in the world that is growing as quickly as social media. If a business doesn’t capitalize on this, they are missing out and they will struggle to remain relevant. Marketing campaigns must evolve with the current world, and it is hard to understand why some businesses continue to resist this, particularly when you consider joining is free!
Through social media marketing, businesses can broadcast their different media types using social platforms. It really isn’t very complicated, in other words. Benefits of doing this include:
- Better lead generation.
- Increased exposure.
- Building new networks and partnerships.
- Cost reduction in marketing budgets.
- More traffic.
Statistics show how well this works:
- Increased business exposure has been reported by 88% of those who use social media.
- 50% of those who used social media for one year had developed new partnerships.
- Spending less than six hours per week on social media could still increase lead generation.
- 58% of small businesses saw a reduction in the cost of marketing efforts by using social media.
Thanks to the internet, the world is being exposed to new products, but also to new tools and capabilities, above and beyond what has been possible in the past. Through social media, companies have the opportunity to influence thousands, if not millions, of people for a minute cost, particularly compared to what regular marketing efforts used to cost. In fact, most companies already have a marketing department, which can shrink significantly by focusing on social media. Of course, social media is not the be all and end all of marketing. However, if you only have the resources to focus on one element of marketing, let it be that one, because the potential returns are tremendous and the cost is almost zero.