When the best time is to get engaged can be a question many men and women struggle with.
A whole host of factors can come into play, even some that seem out of one’s control.
With that in mind, is now the year for you to either pop the question or say yes or no.
Depending on which position you are in, much can enter your mind.
For the man, there are questions to consider. These range from the price of the proposed engagement ring to when to surprise her with it.
Meantime, the woman of course has to think about if she’s ready to take this next big step in her life. With that thought process, does she say yes or no when asked?
With much to think about, make sure both of you take the time to consider all your options.
In doing so, you are much more likely to end up making a decision that is best for the both of you.
What Are Men and Women Thinking About?
For the man in this situation, here are some things to consider:
· Timing – First, when is the right time to commit to an engagement ring? Depending on money, jeweler options, and when to surprise her, there is much to consider. The most important thing is making sure you have a plan in place. Given how important these decisions are, you want to think them through.
· Ring – What would an engagement be without a ring? Whether you opt for a moissanite ring or another style, you want her to be happy with the selection. It is not uncommon today for couples to shop together for this big buy (see more below). If you think that’s what she wants or she says such, by all means do it. The bottom line is getting her the engagement ring that makes her smile.
· Price – The saying is the best is usually saved for last. Well, how much a ring is going to cost you may not be the best thing. That said don’t have a panic attack over the cost of the ring. You can always opt for a payment plan, avoiding sizable debt in the process. There is also the possibility of scaling back on the ring buy. In turn, you can put that saved money towards the wedding or even your honeymoon. Have a set budget in your mind and try your best to stick to it.
For the woman in this situation, here are some things to consider:
· Readiness – Once your man pops the big question, you need to be ready with an answer. In the event the time is right, by all means say yes. On the flip side, don’t be afraid to say no. Sure, it could cause some hurt feelings. It may also end the relationship. The most important thing is that you are ready for what will be a huge commitment in your life.
· Togetherness – As mentioned earlier, shopping for an engagement ring together is not uncommon. As such, work together as one to come up with the right ring if you choose to go this route. In reality, shopping as a couple for the ring can be a great test for now and down the road in your relationship.
· Wedding – Once you’re engaged, the thoughts turn to planning a wedding. While that is fine, do take some time to sit back and enjoy the engagement process itself. Remember, the two of you are planning a life together, so there is plenty of time for wedding details. Getting engaged is a special moment in your life, so relish it.
As someone who has gotten engaged, what advice do you have for couples considering such a move?