When it’s time to remodel your bathroom, there are many things to consider. You want a more contemporary look. You also want functional pieces at affordable prices.
While looking at efficient bathroom fixtures, you may want to look at different toilet models. There are many models available on the market today that use less water to run. There are many attractive styles at various price ranges.
If you want a more updated model, you may want to look at wall mounted toilets. You can find out more information right here. There’s a lot of information online about different makes and models, pricing and product specifications. You can also personally inspect different products at your local home improvement store.
Here are a few pros and cons regarding wall-mounted toilets:
1. They don’t take up much space. With a wall-mounted toilet, you don’t have to worry about it taking up valuable floor space in your bathroom. This frees up more area for other decorating ideas. Many models can be installed almost anywhere near a good water source in the room. They can be installed at any height that is comfortable enough for you.
2. It’s a stylish alternative. A good wall-mounted toilet can perfectly complement your bathroom decor. It doesn’t stick out as more traditional models can. Water outlets can easily be concealed. The toilet tank itself is concealed in your wall, so it doesn’t take up any floor space.
3. They are popular. More and more homeowners are turning to the wall-mounted toilets as an option. It’s a good choice for homes with multiple bathrooms or small bathrooms where there’s not a lot of room for appliances to begin with. There are a wide variety of styles and color options to choose from to fit any bathroom, no matter how big or how small the room is.
1. They are more expensive. A good wall-mounted toilet can run a couple hundred dollars or more, depending on the make, model and manufacturer. There are also additional time and labor costs to factor in when it comes to mounting and installing the toilet. They are not always easy to install, because many times you may wind up removing drywall to place the toilet tank. You may also have to reinforce the wall that the toilet is mounted on.
2. They can require more maintenance. Over time and after enough use, wall-mounted toilets can eventually come loose from their mounting. The toilet will then have to be re-hung by a professionally qualified plumber, which can be costly. If the toilet detaches from the mount and breaks, then you’ve got replacement parts to buy and install.
3. They can leak. Some wall-mounted toilets can tend to leak or experience other problems. This requires additional time and expense in repair and more regular maintenance. These issues can also lead to more water usage over time.
These are just some things to consider when contemplating a different wall-mounted toilets. Take your time to research products carefully and read product reviews. A good toilet, like any bathroom fixture, should be sturdy and last a long time. It can add more functionality and aesthetic value to your home.