Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular forms of cosmetic surgery. This is because the nose is such a prominent feature of the face, and so few people are truly happy with the way their nose looks. A very small modification to what the nose looks like has a dramatic effect on overall looks. Dean Toriumi has explained that rhinoplasty doesn’t just improve the look of a nose, however. It is also a way to make it more proportional overall. A good surgeon can even use rhinoplasty to solve problems caused by trauma or a deviated septum, including breathing problems. By following the next few tips, you should be able to have a very successful nose job.
Dean Toriumi’s Top Nose Job Tips
- Do not have a nose job if your nose is still growing. Women, therefore, should not have rhinoplasty before they are 17, and men should wait until they are at least 20. If the nose is still developing, the results will not be as good and there is no telling whether a growth spurt could have a negative impact.
- Only work with cosmetic surgeons who have proven experience. They should be fully board-certified and registered, and their education, training, and experience should be clear to everybody. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Board of Plastic Surgery are two very good professional organizations for surgeons to be a member of. Do double check with the professional organizations whether their membership is still current.
- Make sure you can afford the procedure. The more experience a surgeon has, the more they can charge. While you may want to look for ways to save money, you do pay for what you get. If you cannot afford a good surgeon, then don’t take any chances and wait until you can. Some cosmetic surgery clinics also offer easy finance options. You do also have to consider whether you can afford the downtime that may be associated with your procedure.
- Only choose natural changes. We have all seen the horrific images of plastic surgery gone too far, such as with the late Michael Jackson. Good surgeons will refuse to complete procedures on you that will make you look unnatural. Listen to their advice, therefore. After all, they are the ones who have trained for this.
- Be realistic about your expectations. No matter how skilled a surgeon is, there is only so much that they can achieve. Again, this is down to listening to what they say and following their advice. You also have to be realistic about this before you even have an initial consultation. If, for instance, you have a very narrow nose, there is no way to make it broader. Also, you have to be realistic about how much it will change your face. Yes, the impact will be very dramatic, but even a nose job cannot completely change your face, it only changes your nose.