Flash 8 Components Skinning
Here's a quick guide for those who need to skin flash 6-8 components and get some anectodes to how components work.
How to start -
1. You can create your own skin design components by copying and editing the source files. (Do not edit on the original flas)
2. To do this, you need to find the source files (the *.fla files) under C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\ComponentFLA
3. Copy out the *.fla file to your own working folder.
4. In this example, i will use the MediaPlayback component.
5. Open the library panel (CTRL + L), then double click to edit the component.
6. Some components are sensitive to change in positions or scale, so be sure to test after each edit (to publish, CTRL + ENTER).
7. Export out the component as swc from the library.
8. You have to export the swc in the folder C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Components
9. Once you have done this, you need to refresh the Components Panel to see under Standard Components the published swc you have made.
10. Drag it to the stage to use it.
11. To change the parameters, go to the Components inspector (ALT + F7).
12. For MediaPlayback component, you will not be able to use the custom settings in flash. But parameters are still adjustable.
Will come up with more tips for other components soon.
Hope it helps someone.
* = wildcard
Actionscript tag . Donate Here . Testimonial . Join Flash Chat UserGroup . Twitter . Facebook
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Flash Builder 4.6 is now available for download||FlashMove||Flash Builder||0||12-05-2011 01:35 AM|
|It's here! The Massive Creating ActionScript 3.0 components in Flash CS3||Scottae||Flash CS3 / Flash 9||1||10-02-2007 04:26 AM|
|Flash MX 2004 AS2 Remoting Components||FrozenMedia||Flash Media Server||8||12-09-2004 02:51 PM|
|"PJ" and "Supreme 4" Components, flash text effects.||patrickjv||New Softwares||0||05-08-2004 04:53 AM|
|Induction to the New Flash MX Component Forum||FlashMove||Flash Components v0||6||04-10-2004 03:37 PM|